The honorable Angel Raphael is the third of the Archangels (with Archangel Michael and Archangel Gabriel). In the tradition of the church, Archangel Raphael is the angel of joy.
We first hear about Archangel Raphael from the Book of Tobit (one of the deutero-canonical books of the Old Testament). In this Book, Archangel Raphael accompanies Tobias in his travel, and heals Sarah and Tobit. The Coptic Orhodox Church celebrates the feast of the honorable Archangel Raphael on September 08 (Nasi 3) and on December 22 (Kiak 13).
May the intercessions of this honorable Archangel be with us all, Amen.
- Angel of joy, prays for us.
- Protector of pure souls and Patron Angel of youth pray for us.
- Guardian of the Christian family, pray for us.
- Protector of travelrs, pray of us.
- Patron of health, pray for us.
- The angel of those seeking a marriage partner, the Angel of a happy marriage and the angel of home life pray for us.
- God, you raciouysly gave the Archangel Raphael as a companion to Your servant Tobiah on his journey. Grant us, that we may ever enjoy his protection and be strengthened by his help.